Friday, January 28, 2011

A Blogging slump....

Well, the holidays have come and gone...and I have found myself in  a blogging slump.  It has been over a month now since I have made an entry... and in that time I have celebrated Christmas three times, (here at home with my own little clan of 5, down in Greenville with Mom and Dad, CK, Kayce...and a surprise visit from Benton that we all totally enjoyed, and then also here at Mom and Dad Osborne's with the whole Osborne-Johnson-Smith gang).  Of course, we rang in the New Year with family and friends gathering here at our home...and a good time was had by all.  Emily was home for all of the above, and it was great having her home for the holidays.  Zack has had basketball practices and games and both he and Caleb are in the spring play (Guys and Dolls)...and they just had auditions a little over a week ago and have just started practicing.  The boys and I also enjoyed the NFL play-offs, although the Colts did not go very far (which is the team we would have all enjoyed rooting for...) so, instead I decided to become a cheese-head (Greenbay Packers fan). 
I have also started reading 4 different books...unfortunately, that is one of my idiosyncrasies, in that I read multiple books at the same time...well, not exactly at the same time...that would really be amazing...but, I think you know what I mean.  Nevertheless, at least 2 of these books are "life changers"!  Crazy Love, by Francis Chan  and Heaven is for Real,  by Todd Burpo.    I will tell more about Heaven is for Real in another entry.   Both of these are awesome books...and I can only hope that God will allow them to penetrate into my innermost being. 

Christmas at Nana & PawPaw's house
A cheesehead "wanna-be"

No comments:

Post a Comment